When you are contacted seemingly out of nowhere by either the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), few things may seem as frightening. You may feel overwhelmed and confused as to what to do next. Fortunately, that is exactly where we come in. Whether your current tax problem is anticipated or completely unexpected, we can help. The actions that you take following a wage garnishment, contact by an IRS Revenue Officer, or any other type of contact about an alleged tax violation can be crucial to the overall outcome of your case. We strongly suggest that your first phone call be made to one of our experienced tax attorneys.
No Matter What Type of Tax Problem You Are Facing, We Are in Your Corner
Helping Oklahoma taxpayers deal with the IRS and the OTC has been Travis Watkins' mission for over 15 years. In that span of time, he has had the opportunity to represent countless individuals and small business owners and help them with their tax problems. What types of tax problems do our clients typically face? Any of these and more:
- Federal and state payroll problems
- Federal and state employment tax problems
- Issues dealing with an IRS Revenue Officer
- Issues dealing with a representative from the Oklahoma Tax Commission
- Federal or state income tax problems for yourself or your business
- Oklahoma state sales tax problems
In many cases, clients may face more than just one problem, and may be dealing with both the IRS and OTC at the same time. No matter what your particular tax debt or liability issues may be, we encourage you to reach out to us for guidance.
We Don't Just Help With Your Problems, We Find Alternative Solutions
Attempting to negotiate on your own when the IRS or OTC is coming after you isn't a fair fight. Even though you are an intelligence and capable individual, it typically takes many years of experience dealing with these two agencies to understand what alternative options might be available to help a taxpayer resolve their tax problem. We can help you find the best solution to your problem—allowing you to move on with your life without the tax burden continuing to hang over your head. Here are some examples of the many alternative tax solutions that may be available for you:
- Reaching an Offer in Compromise to allow you to pay less than the full amount of taxes that you owe.
- Obtaining relief if you are an innocent spouse who was unaware of the errors made by your former spouse that caused the liability.
- Postponing payments on the tax debt owed due to an economic hardship that you face.
- Obtaining a release of a levy or wage garnishment imposed by the IRS or OTC against your income or assets.
- Filing for bankruptcy to alleviate certain types of tax debt.
- Obtaining a penalty abatement to reduce or eliminate the added costs of the penalties that may have been tacked onto your tax debt.
- Obtaining a release of a lien that was imposed on your real estate.
It is important for taxpayers to know that you can face a tax problem and still survive without losing everything that you own. We encourage you to check out our free book The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems for more information.
Don't Enter Into a Fight With the IRS or the OTC Unarmed
In some cases, dealing with the Internal Revenue Service or the Oklahoma Tax Commission has been compared to entering a battle. As with any dispute, it is never wise to enter into negotiations without a strong force in your corner. Travis Watkins is known as The IRS Weapon, and with good reason. He has successfully found resolutions for hundreds of companies and individuals facing crushing tax problems, and may be able to do the same for you. Call us today to schedule a convenient, no-obligation consultation at one of our offices in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, or Norman.