I can pay the Internal Revenue Service the back taxes I owe, but not the penalties. Should I do that?

Having the money available to pay the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) the back taxes you owe is a good thing. Many Tulsa taxpayers are not in the same position when they learn that they owe money to the IRS. However, it is important that you don’t simply send the IRS a check for the back taxes and assume the matter will be dropped. Instead, you are going to have to formally ask for a penalty abatement or enter into a different type of alternative arrangement with the IRS to settle your case.

Do This the Right Way Now to Avoid Further Trouble

While we understand your position and know that you want this to be over and done with as soon as possible, we recommend that you learn about all of your options and pursue the solution that best protects your future financial goals. You can begin learning about your legal options immediately by watching our videos and downloading our free book The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems. This will give you some important information to consider.

Get the Individualized Help You Need

IRS agents and revenue officers are professionals. They are looking to maximize the amount of back taxes and penalties they receive from you. You also deserve to have a professional fighting to protect your rights. If you would like to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced tax lawyers, please fill out our online contact form or call us directly. Together, we will work to solve your tax problems.