Is it okay for me to contact an Oklahoma City tax attorney before I receive an IRS notice? I know that I’m behind on my taxes, but the IRS hasn’t notified me of the problem yet.

The key word in your question is the one that you use last: It is “yet.”

While the IRS may not have identified the problem or notified you of the problem, you should expect that you will receive an IRS notice in the future if you are behind on your taxes.

It can be very stressful to live with the knowledge that you have a significant tax problem, such as unpaid taxes. However, you do not have to live with the uncertainty. Instead, you can contact an Oklahoma City tax attorney at any time to discuss your tax problems, and more importantly, reasonable solutions to those tax problems.

By contacting an Oklahoma City tax lawyer before the IRS contacts you, you may be able to stay in control of the proposed solution to your tax issues and end the problem sooner than you otherwise would if you waited for the IRS to notify you.

Accordingly, we encourage you to contact an experienced tax attorney in Oklahoma today via this website or via phone at 800-721-7054 to set up an initial meeting. We also invite you to learn more about your legal rights and possible solutions to your IRS tax problems by requesting a FREE copy of our book, The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems.