I live in Norman, Oklahoma and I recently filed an Offer in Compromise with the IRS. However, I’ve discovered new evidence about my tax situation since I filed the Offer in Compromise. What should I do?

It depends on what you’ve discovered, whether you have documentation to support the new facts, and how the evidence could impact your final agreement with the Internal Revenue Service.

Offers in Compromise generally cannot be changed without going through the process again. An exception may apply if the Offer in Compromise has not yet been finalized. In that case, you may be able to amend your offer.

However, you may have the right to use the new evidence that you’ve discovered by filing a new Offer in Compromise with the IRS.  If you’ve already finalized your initial Offer in Compromise and the evidence that you’ve learned supports the fact that the Offer in Compromise is unfairly high then you might want to file a new proposal.

Before you decide what to do, it is important to know about all of your legal rights and about how your actions (or inactions) could affect your tax liability. For more information about what to do if you discover more information after filing an Offer in Compromise, we encourage you to contact an experienced Norman tax lawyer to set up an initial consultation. You can reach us via this website or by calling 800-721-7054 today. We also invite you to read our FREE book, The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems, to learn more.