Can't my CPA or Enrolled Agent handle my IRS problems?

Attorneys, CPA's and EA's are all licensed to practice before the IRS.  However, in my experience, CPA's and EA's are the bean counters.  This is a broad generalization, but very few CPA's and EA's are prepared to weigh your option for you concerning the powerful collection arm of the IRS.  Most will tell you, pay your debt.  This is great advice if you actually owe the money, and can pay it, of course.