Why can’t I just complain to the IRS if the Revenue Officer is bad? Why do I need an Oklahoma City tax lawyer?

When you work with a private company and an employee is rude to you, you may be able to request that a different employee be assigned to you. Many—though not all—private companies want to keep your business and will make accommodations to keep you happy and to keep you from taking your business elsewhere.

The government, including the IRS, does not have the same motivation to keep you happy. You can’t simply decide that you are going to pay taxes to another government unless you uproot your entire family and move to another country. Absent that drastic step, you have to deal with the IRS—and the IRS is unlikely to care if you think that the revenue officer assigned to your case is surly, unhelpful, rude, or unreasonable.

Accordingly, the IRS is unlikely to assign another revenue officer to your case simply because you complain. You may be stuck with the revenue officer who has been assigned to your case. However, that does not mean that you are stuck with the solution suggested by the revenue officer...or even that you have to communicate directly with the officer on your own.

Instead, you have the right to contact an experienced Oklahoma City tax attorney for help. Your Oklahoma City tax lawyer will make sure that all of your legal rights are protected and will work hard toward a fair solution for your tax problems.

For more information, please call a tax lawyer in Oklahoma today at 800.721.7054 to schedule an initial consultation and please read a FREE copy of our book, The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems.