What Oklahoma Taxpayers Can Do When the IRS Audit Is Wrong

You don’t agree with the findings of the IRS audit and you don’t want to write a check for the amount requested by the IRS. You don’t believe that you owe the full amount of taxes that the IRS says that you owe. What can you do to protect your rights?

Know Your Rights

You may have the right to file for an audit reconsideration if you have been audited by the IRS and disagree with the audit results. Generally, you can file for an audit reconsideration if:

  • You have information that was not considered by the IRS during the audit.
  • You disagree with the audit results.
  • You did not appear for the audit or if you moved and did not receive notices from the IRS.

In some situations, an audit reconsideration may provide you with the help that you need to solve your tax problems. However, in other situations there may be better alternative solutions to your current tax problems.

Call a Tulsa Tax Lawyer for Help

An experienced Tulsa tax attorney can help you understand all of your options and make educated decisions about resolving your current IRS tax problems. For more information about the possible solutions to your tax issues or to talk to a Tulsa tax audit lawyer about problems with a recent audit, please call us today at 800-721-7054 or contact us via this website.

We also invite you to learn more about your rights by downloading a FREE, no obligation copy of our book, The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment